At Korumburra Secondary College we offer a Student Netbook Device to purchase through our Portal or the option to Bring Your Own Device(BYOD) for students(Windows Only) We offer Office 365 through the Department of Education to all Staff and Students. Click here to learn about Office 365
To Purchase or use your own device you can select from one of the options below, either purchase from the Portal for a fully managed solution or Bring Your Own Device. - Click here for our ICT Policies Documents
Purchasing through the Portal - How To!
- Agree to and Accept the ICT Acceptable Use Policy on Compass
- Purchase your PC through the Portal Here - It is highly recommended to purchase the additional Insurance on the Device, but always ensure you read any insurance documents carefully prior to purchasing.
- 2017 Term 1, bring your device to the ICT office for Re-Imaging
Note: Software, Hardware, Insurance and Warranty claims on devices purchased through the portal will be facilitated by the ICT staff at KSC. Insurance claims require Insurance to be purchased through the portal.
- We Recommend the following minimum PC Specs:
- 4 GB of Ram
- Celeron Processor
- 64 bit Operating System (Windows 10 or later)
- 128 GB Hard Disk Drive (MIN)
- Agree to and Accept the Acceptable Use Policy on Compass (you will find this under the favorites menu).
Note: Software, Hardware, Insurance and Warranty claims on your BYOD device will be handled solely by "YOU" and not the school.
What do I do if I am transferring to another School
- You should ask the school if they run a netbook program and if they will re-image your PC to their network standards.
- If you are moving interstate, please bring your PC to the ICT office for a factory restore re-image.
What do I do if I am finishing School
- Please bring your netbook to the ICT office for a re-image before you leave.
Re-Imaging - Is the process of wiping the PC clean and reinstalling a predetermined set of software and settings. All data will be lost, please keep regular backups. Reimaging is necessary as any licensed software on the device is owned by the Department of Education and will cease to work outside the school network.