The VCE VM (Vocational Major)
- The VCE Vocational Major (VM) is a vocational and applied learning program within the VCE designed to be completed over a minimum of two years.
- The VCE Vocational Major will be introduced to replace the existing VCAL program at the Intermediate and Senior levels
- The VCE VM will give students greater choice and flexibility to pursue their strengths and interests and develop the skills and capabilities needed to succeed in further education, work, and life
- It prepares students to move into apprenticeships, traineeships, further education and training, university (via non-ATAR pathways) or directly into the workforce
- The purpose of the VCE VM is to provide students with the best opportunity to achieve their personal goals and aspirations in a rapidly changing world by:
✓ equipping them with the skills, knowledge, values and capabilities to be active and informed citizens, lifelong learners and confident and creative individuals
✓ empowering them to make informed decisions about the next stages of their lives through real life workplace experiences.
More information can be viewed within our VCE VM School Subject Handbook.